Stratfield Mortimer Neighbourhood Development Plan
Proposed recommendation that the Stratfield Mortimer Neighbourhood Development Plan should progress to referendum
The Stratfield Mortimer Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) was subject to independent examination between May and October 2016, and the examiner recommended that the plan should not progress to referendum due to a lack of landscape evidence. You can view the previous consultation on the Stratfield Mortimer Neighbourhood Plan, submitted by Stratfield Mortimer Parish Council.
You can see more information about previous work online at www.westberks.gov.uk/smndp.
However, relevant legislation that governs the process for making NDPs, allows local planning authorities to propose to make a decision that differs from that recommended by the examiner as a result of new evidence.
New landscape evidence was prepared in January 2017, and West Berkshire Council officers are now proposing to recommend that the Stratfield Mortimer NDP proceeds to referendum.
If the NDP proceeds to referendum, and more than fifty percent of the vote responses are "yes", then the NDP will be brought into force and will become part of the development plan, and will be used to determine planning applications and guide planning decisions within the neighbourhood area.
We are seeking your views on this proposed decision.
West Berkshire Council officers have set out why they propose to recommend the Stratfield Mortimer NDP for referendum in the following document which includes five appendices:
- West Berkshire Council proposed recommendation for the Stratfield Mortimer NDP [44kb]
- Appendix A: Stratfield Mortimer NDP Examiner's Report (October 2016) [751kb]
- Appendix B: Examiner's proposed modifications to the Stratfield Mortimer NDP (October 2016) [68kb]
- Appendix C: Landscape Capacity Assessment of Potential Housing Sites at Stratfield Mortimer (January 2017) [2Mb]
- Appendix D: NDP - possible ways forward following the landscape study (Stratfield Mortimer NDP Steering Group, February 2017) [347kb]
- Appendix E: Track changes version of the Stratfield Mortimer NDP (February 2017) [8Mb]
This consultation is now closed.