Collecting your recycling from outside your home
Each household is provided with two green recycling boxes and a reusable sack.
You can recycle paper and card in one box and glass in the other. The sack is used for all your plastic bottles, aerosols, drinks and food cans.
You can check what you can recycle on our Yes/No Recycling Leaflet. [1Mb]
We collect recycling every fortnight.
Your recycling boxes and sack need to be ready for collection by 7am on your recycling day. If you're unsure which day your recycling is collected you can check your bin day online.
If your recycling hasn't been collected for some reason, you should be left a note explaining the problem.
Reasons might include:
- large cardboard - cardboard must be flattened and no bigger than 85cm x 45cm
- tops left on plastic bottles - please remove all tops from bottles
- wrong type of plastic - we only accept plastic bottles in your green sack
- mixing your recycling materials - please separate the materials into the right containers
- shredded paper - this shouldn't be put into your green box; it can be composted or reused for animal bedding (or alternatively put in your black bin)
As long as the problem has been sorted out, your recycling will then be taken on your next recycling collection day.
If you have not been left a note, there maybe other issues affecting the service which you can check online.
For more help, please contact Customer Services - Waste.
If you need an additional or replacement recycling box or sack you can order a new container online.