West Berkshire Council

Trees and Hedgerows

Please note that we produce a number of tree guides on topics such as dealing with dead trees, planning applications and protected trees, pruning and much more.  If you can't find the answer you're looking for in our guides, then the contact routes and other information on this page may help.

Council-owned Trees
Ensuring trees on council land are safe
Trees or Woodland protected by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO)
Check if trees are protected and permission to carry out works
Trees in Conservation Areas
Check if trees are in conservation areas and getting permission to carry out works
Hedges and Hedgerows
How to report a overgrown hedge or hedgerow and who is responsible
Our Tree Guides
Information on a range of tree and woodland-related matters

Who To Contact

West Berkshire Council's Tree Officer

01635 551111