West Berkshire Council

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction Claims

How to claim a reduction in rent and/or Council Tax

To make a claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction, please download and print the pdf icon claim form [1Mb] and return it to us. 
If you're unable to print the form, you can request one from Customer Services.

An on-line benefits calculator is available to estimate how much help you might receive.

If you're already receiving Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction and your circumstances have changed, please doc icon please report the change(s) to us. [51kb]

Universal Credit full service has now been rolled out across the West Berkshire area. Most new claims for housing costs from working age claimants now need to be applied for through Universal Credit. Please see our Universal Credit webpage for more details.

If you are unable to claim help with housing costs through Housing Benefit, our claim form can still be used in order to claim Council Tax Reduction. 

Who To Contact

West Berkshire Council's Benefits Team

01635 519258