West Berkshire Council

Adult Social Care Comments and Complaints

Complaining or commenting about our services

We aim to provide the best service to you and we like to know when we are getting it right.  We also recognise that at times things can go wrong. When they do, we want to put things right quickly, and use the experience to improve our services and prevent future problems.

We will decide with you on the best way to resolve your complaint.  If another organisation is involved, such as the National Health Service or a care provider, we'll also include them.   

Our leaflet, pdf icon Listening to Your Views - How to Complain About or Comment on Adult Social Care Services [21Mb] provides a summary of our complaints process.

We also provide an pdf icon Easy Read version of the complaints leaflet. [240kb].

How to make a complaint

What happens when we receive your complaint?  

We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days.  

Our Community Services Complaints Manager will contact you to agree what should happen next, and also agree a timescale for addressing your complaint. During the complaints process we will not take sides and will treat you fairly and equally.
If your complaint cannot be sorted out immediately, we will agree with you how your complaint will be handled and what we will do to try and resolve it.

You will receive a written response to your complaint in all cases. 

If you need someone to speak on your behalf, you can ask a family member or friend or we can arrange for someone to assist you - this person is called an advocate.  

If you are not satisfied once we have completed our investigation, you can ask the Local Government Ombudsman to look at your case. They are completely independent of West Berkshire Council.

Who To Contact

Contact details for West Berkshire Council's Adult Social Care complaints team

01635 503391