West Berkshire Council

West Berkshire Council logo
Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Find information about community support and our services during the coronavirus pandemic, on our information for residents pages, our information for businesses pages, and our community support hub page which has guidance to help coordinate community organisations.

See a summary of our Local Outbreak Control Plan and read our frequently asked questions. 

I am already receiving Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction. How can I advise you of a change in my circumstances?

Information about advising us of a change in circumstances during the coronavirus pandemic.

You can use our doc icon change of circumstances form [792kb] which can be saved to a device, completed electronically and returned to us as an email attachment. In order to secure your personal information, we recommend that you follow the procedure below:

  1. send an email to benefits@westberks.gov.uk stating that you wish to inform us of a change in your circumstances.
  2. we will email you back via secure mail, inviting you to confirm the change
  3. once you receive our secure email, if you select 'reply', your personal information and any other scanned evidence you attach to your message will be sent to us securely. Please note that the change of circumstances form is only provided as an option, but this is not compulsory and changes can also be communicated to us in the body of your email. 

Please note that we are currently experiencing high volumes of queries and therefore there may be a delay between sending your initial message (at step one above) and our secure response (at step two). You will not lose benefit as a result of delays in our response. As long as you reply at step three within a month of our response at step two, any increased entitlement to housing benefit or Council Tax Reduction will be calculated according to the date you first contacted us (at step one).