West Berkshire Council

West Berkshire Council logo
Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Find information about community support and our services during the coronavirus pandemic, on our information for residents pages, our information for businesses pages, and our community support hub page which has guidance to help coordinate community organisations.

See a summary of our Local Outbreak Control Plan and read our frequently asked questions. 

How do I report non-essential businesses that are trading illegally during the coronavirus pandemic?

Information about reporting non-essential businesses that are trading illegally

The government has ordered non essential businesses to close until further notice in order to help halt the spread of the coronavirus. Further guidance is available on the gov.uk website.

However, some businesses have continued to trade despite the government ban. The Police and council can act to close premises where illegal trading is taking place. If you are aware of illegal trading activity, then please report it on the Public Protection Partnership website.

You can read more information relating to COVID19 and businesses here.