West Berkshire Council

West Berkshire Council logo
Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Find information about community support and our services during the coronavirus pandemic, on our information for residents pages, our information for businesses pages, and our community support hub page which has guidance to help coordinate community organisations.

See a summary of our Local Outbreak Control Plan and read our frequently asked questions. 

How do I report cases of people profiteering from the COVID-19 situation?

Find out how to report cases of profiteering during the COVID-19 pandemic.

There have been reports of businesses and individuals selling everyday goods that are in short supply for extortionate prices, which is known as profiteering.

The Competition and Marketing Authority (CMA) has set up a COVID-19 task force to look into reports of such business practices. You can make complaints / report issues via the CMA website. Alternatively, you can email the CMA directly: covid.monitoring@cma.gov.uk.

You can read more information relating to COVID19 and businesses here.