West Berkshire Council

Hedges and Hedgerows

How to report a overgrown hedge or hedgerow and who is responsible

If you've noticed a hedge or hedgerow that is blocking a path or road, you can report a problem with a tree or shrub online. If it's something we look after, we'll investigate. You might want to take a look at our Grass Cutting Schedules  too.

If you are intending to remove a hedge or hedgerow, please check the hedgerow regulation and management guidelines and hedgerow legislation.
You may need to submit an Application Form for Hedgerow Removal to our Planning Service and obtain permission before you start.
There are Help Notes to assist you in completing this application form.

Who To Contact

West Berkshire Council's Tree Officer

01635 551111