West Berkshire Council

West Berkshire Council logo
Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Find information about community support and our services during the coronavirus pandemic, on our information for residents pages, our information for businesses pages, and our community support hub page which has guidance to help coordinate community organisations.

See a summary of our Local Outbreak Control Plan and read our frequently asked questions. 

Temporary Permit for Recycling Centres

Applying for a temporary one day permit for your van or vehicle with livery

If you own a vehicle with sign writing or have a van as your second vehicle and you did not qualify for a commerical type vehicle permit, you may still be able to access the recycling centres using your van with a temporary one day permit.

You can apply for a temporary permit up to six times a year.

You cannot use this service with a prohibited vehicle (for details of which vehicles are prohibited, please see page seven of the pdf icon Household Waste Recycling Centres - User Guide [9Mb]).

Temporary Registration

To register your commercial van or car, you'll need to complete a Household Waste Declaration Form.

You'll need to bring the following documents along to show the site staff:

  • an official document which identifies you as a resident of West Berkshire (ie a utility or Council Tax bill)
  • photo ID (ie a passport or drivers licence)


  • The permit will only be valid for one day
  • Your vehicle must not be on the prohibited list and must meet height and weight requirements for the site
  • If you reach the maximum six visits within a 12 month period you will not be able to use your van to access the site until the following year (but you will be still be able to access the centres using your car)