West Berkshire Council

Temporary Permit for Recycling Centres

Applying for a temporary one day permit for your van or vehicle with livery

If you own a vehicle with sign writing or have a van as your second vehicle and you did not qualify for a commerical type vehicle permit, you may still be able to access the recycling centres using your van with a temporary one day permit.
You can apply for a temporary permit up to six times a year.

You cannot use this service with a prohibited vehicle (for details of which vehicles are prohibited, please see page seven of the pdf icon Household Waste Recycling Centres - User Guide [1Mb]).

Temporary Registration

To register your commercial van or car, you'll need to complete a Household Waste Declaration Form. You can  pdf icon download the Household Waste Declaration Form [123kb] or collect and complete this form at the site office when you arrive. If you decide to download the form and complete it before you arrive, please only fill in the first part. Sections 1 - 3 need to be completed at the site office.

Whether you bring the form with you or not, you'll need to bring the following documents along to show the site staff:

  • an official document which identifies you as a resident of West Berkshire (ie a utility or Council Tax bill)
  • photo ID (ie a passport or drivers license)


  • The permit will only be valid for one day
  • Your vehicle must not be on the prohibitive list and must meet height and weight requirements for the site
  • If you reach the maximum six visits within a 12 month period you will not be able to use your van to access the site until the following year (but you will be still be able to access the centres using your car)