West Berkshire Council

West Berkshire Council logo
Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Find information about community support and our services during the coronavirus pandemic, on our information for residents pages, our information for businesses pages, and our community support hub page which has guidance to help coordinate community organisations.

Housing Advice for People Experiencing Domestic Abuse

Housing options to help people affected by domestic abuse

If you are in a domestically abusive relationship, the Housing Options Team can give advice and assistance. We can also put you in touch with other services that can help.

Depending on your personal circumstances, we may be able to:

  • help you find a refuge placement
  • use our Safer Spaces Scheme to help make your current home a safer environment
  • put you in touch with an outreach worker who specialises in domestic abuse cases
  • provide advice on seeking an injunction or non-molestation order
  • provide advice on seeking an occupation order

For general advice and support for people affected by domestic abuse, our Reducing the Risk page contains information and sources of help. 

If you wish to seek an urgent injunction, the National Centre for Domestic Violence may be able to help.

There are also a number of links available at the foot of this page.

Remember - if you are in immediate danger you should call the police on 999

Who To Contact