West Berkshire Council

West Berkshire Council logo
Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Find information about community support and our services during the coronavirus pandemic, on our information for residents pages, our information for businesses pages, and our community support hub page which has guidance to help coordinate community organisations.

See a summary of our Local Outbreak Control Plan and read our frequently asked questions. 

Disabled Facilities Grants

Applying for a grant to help a disabled person live more independently in their own home

Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs) of up to £30,000 are available for work that's needed to help a disabled person live more independently in their own home.  The grants are available whether you own your home or are renting.

Applying for a grant

Before you can apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant, we'll need to talk to you to explain what is involved, and ask you some questions to check that you are eligible for it.

An occupational therapist must recommend any adaptations that you may need, and will need to visit you to carry out an assessment.

You can request an occupational therapist assessment by contacting the Adult Social Care.

You may have to contribute towards the cost of the work needed unless you receive certain means-tested benefits, or the application is for a disabled child.  If you can't afford your contribution, we can advise you on other options.

To discuss an application contact the Home Improvement Agency (HIA) Officer via the details below.

Who To Contact

Our contact centre for Adult Social Care (formerly our 'Access for All' team)

01635 503050