West Berkshire Council


The Common Housing Register for West Berkshire

HomeChoice is the register of people who want a home from a housing association in West Berkshire.

In order to access social housing and shared ownership properties, you need to be on this register, known as the 'Common Housing Register'. 

West Berkshire Council does not own any properties available through the Common Housing Register.  The properties available belong to housing associations, who we work in partnership with.  

You can get onto the register by filling out your details online.  More information can be found in our pdf icon Homechoice Scheme User Guide [2Mb].
If you need help registering, please contact the Common Housing Register Team.

What happens next?

Once your application has been accepted on to the Common Housing Register, you will be sent information about how housing is allocated.  In West Berkshire, we use a 'Choice Based Lettings' (CBL) system.  CBL allows you to see all the properties that are available each week, and then give a preference for which of them you'd like to be considered for.

If you would like to speak directly to someone about housing, please call into our Housing Advice Desk in our Market Street Council Offices in Newbury.