West Berkshire Council

Conservation Areas - Planning Advice

Planning advice for development in a Conservation Area

For advice on planning applications and planning compliance regarding buildings in a Conservation Area, please contact our  Conservation and Design Team at the Planning Service who may recommend you take up the Planning Pre-Application Advice Service.

If you're seeking to apply for planning permission for a development or demolition in a Conservation Area, you can find useful advice on the UK Planning Portal through these links:

Applying for permission

You can apply online for permission for Demolition in a Conservation Area through the Planning Portal and find details of relevant demolition.  

Alternatively, you can apply using the printable application form, the pdf icon checklist [14kb] and the help notes.

Who To Contact