West Berkshire Council

West Berkshire Council logo
Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Find information about community support and our services during the coronavirus pandemic, on our information for residents pages, our information for businesses pages, and our community support hub page which has guidance to help coordinate community organisations.

See a summary of our Local Outbreak Control Plan and read our frequently asked questions. 

Problems Paying Your Council Tax

What to do if you're struggling to pay your Council Tax bill

If you're having problems finding the money to pay your Council Tax, the information and advice found on the Gov.uk website may be useful.

For further impartial help and advice you might wish to contact Citizens Advice or check out the information at the Money Advice Service.

If you have already applied for a Council Tax Reduction but you believe that you (or a member of your household) will suffer exceptional hardship if you do not receive further assistance, a pdf icon Council Tax Reduction Exceptional Hardship Claim [360kb] should be completed and returned to the Benefits Team.

If you're trying to pay for your Council Tax online but have run into technical problems, tell us about the issue and we'll investigate.

Who To Contact