West Berkshire Council

Mutual Exchange

Swapping your home with that of another social tenant

Mutual Exchange is available to all social tenants.
You're a social tenant in West Berkshire if your landlord is a housing association.

You can move home using mutual exchange by swapping your home with that of another social tenant in West Berkshire or elsewhere in the country.

Registering on our HomeChoiceWB Mutual Exchange website allows you to advertise your property, and search for and view adverts of properties you may be interested in. 

If you find someone you'd like to swap with, the website will give you details of what you have to do next.  The site allows you to contact the current tenant with the details they have provided and arrange a viewing.

Other websites are also available for social tenants to search for a mutual exchange, including HomeSwapper.

Please ensure you take appropriate precautions if you're attending a property alone.

Remember you cannot do a Mutual Exchange without your landlord's permission.