West Berkshire Council

High Hedges

Complaining about high hedges on neighbouring properties

Under the Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2003 we have the power to investigate complaints by the owners/occupiers of domestic properties that are affected by evergreen hedges on neighbouring properties.  These hedges need to reach over two metres high before a complaint can be considered.

Usually a complaint is a last resort after other ways to resolve the issue have already failed.  Before you make a complaint, please read the guidance available from the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG).

To make a complaint, please fill out and return the excel icon complaint form [47kb] - thedoc icon guidance notes [203kb] can help if you have difficulties.

We charge a fee for this service, in line with the government expectation that this will be a cost-neutral process.

The fee is paid by the complainant.  The amount to be paid is listed in our excel icon fees and charges [31kb].

We don't make any money from this service - the fee charged is purely to cover our costs.

Who To Contact