Sandleford Park Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
The principles for development at Sandleford Park, as guided by the Core Strategy
Sandleford Park has been allocated as a strategic site for housing and associated development through the Core Strategy.
Core Strategy policy CS3 [181kb] sets out the main principles for development on the site. These principles include affordable housing, infrastructure and the creation of country parkland and other open space.
A SPD for the Sandleford Park site was adopted in September 2013. The SPD supports the Core Strategy policy, setting out more detail to guide future development and investment. It provides a framework for future planning applications at the site, and local people and stakeholders have been asked for their opinions through public consultation. More information regarding the consultations can be found within the consultation statements at the bottom of this page.
The SPD has now been amended to reflect the need for a single planning application for the site. This will ensure that the site is comprehensively delivered, with timely and well planned provision of infrastructure.
The amended SPD [7Mb] was adopted by Council on Tuesday 3 March 2015.
A number of background and supporting documents have been produced which inform the SPD:
- a Desk Study Report [14Mb] to identify potential contamination and ground engineering constraints at Sandleford Park
- a Flood Risk and Drainage Assessment [10Mb]
- an Energy and Renewables, preliminary discussion document [3Mb], providing an initial assessment of potential low to zero carbon and renewable energy options for the site
- a Landscape and Visual Assessment [9Mb]
- a Habitat Survey [3Mb] of the development area
- an Ecological Scoping and Phase 1 Habitat Survey [4Mb] and addendum [3Mb], surveying the ecological interest of the site and assessing the nature conservation value of the area
- an assessment of Traffic Distribution into Hampshire [63kb]