West Berkshire Council

Post-16 SEN Home to School Transport

Transport for post-16 Special Educational Needs students between home and school or college

Eligibility for transport assistance for post-16 students (aged 16 to 25) with a Statement of Special Educational Needs, Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan or Learning Difficulty Assessment attending a resourced or special school or further education college, is assessed in accordance with our pdf icon Home to School Transport Policy 2017/18 [351kb].

Parents of children attending school in 2017/18 should refer to the pdf icon Home to School Transport Policy 2017/18 [351kb].

Following a public consultation and subsequent Member decision, from 25 April 2017, parents, carers or students will need to pay a contribution towards the transport assistance - £703 for the academic year 2017/18.  Rates for future academic years are to be decided.

You will need to apply for post-16 SEN transport assistance each academic year, so that we know whether you wish for assistance to continue or you would prefer to make your own alternative transport arrangements.


You can Apply for Post-16 SEN transport assistance for 2017/18 online.