Payment for general invoices, car parks, business rates and council tax
You can pay for the following online using your debit or credit card:
- Online Payments - Council Tax
- Online Payments - General Invoices
- Online Payments - Business Rates
- Online Payments - Car Parks
We accept the following payment cards:
How to make a payment
To make a payment, you'll need to provide the account reference(s) for the items that you wish to pay - so please have these available.
Your references can be found on your Council Tax bill, general invoice, business rates bill or car parking fine notice.
You can enter more than one account reference at a time before progressing to the next step where you'll be asked to enter your card details.
- Select the type of item that you are paying for from the menu on the left side of the page. This will then show the details you are required to enter for that item type.
- Enter the account reference without leaving any spaces between the numbers.
- Complete the details on the page - mandatory fields are marked with * - and click the 'Add to List' button to add the payment to the Payment Review List which appears below.
- enter an amount in pounds and pence - eg £30.50 should be entered as 30.50
- When you have added all the payments you wish to make, click the 'Pay' button to proceed to enter your card details.
- Enter your card details without leaving any spaces between the numbers. Newly issued debit cards may not have an issue number - if this is the case, please leave the issue number box blank.
- Enter the name stated on the card and the card holder's address. Address information expires when the session is ended and is not available to any other users.
- Check that the details that you have entered are correct. You'll have the opportunity to go review the card details; confirm or cancel the transaction.
- To finish your payment and restart another task, click Finish.
Whilst your payment is being processed please don't use your browser back and forward buttons to navigate; use the buttons provided on the pages themselves. Don't close the window while processing is underway.
If your payment has been successfully processed a confirmation screen will be displayed with details of your payment, including your receipt number.
This receipt number is a 12 digit reference where the first four digits will be ZZWP. You'll have the option of e-mailing or printing a receipt.
If you don't see your receipt number then your payment has not been successful.
If you are in any doubt or have experienced any difficulty with completing your transaction please contact the Cash Office.
Civica UK Limited, our Service provider
West Berkshire Council's payments are processed by Civica UK.
When making a payment you will be transferred to the Civica secure payments web site.