Housing Site Allocations Development Plan Document (DPD)
Allocations for housing sites
The Proposed Submission Housing Site Allocations DPD was submitted to the Secretary of State for examination on 6 April 2016.
Read more about the examination.
The Proposed Submission Housing Site Allocations DPD was agreed by the Full Council meeting held on 5 November 2015. Consultation on the Proposed Submission DPD took place between 9 November and 24 December 2015. All responses are available to view on the Local Plan Consultation Portal.
The Housing Site Allocations DPD allocates housing sites and sites for Gypsies and Travellers and Travelling Showpeople, and includes selected housing policies. The DPD will form part of the Local Plan for the district when it is adopted, and it will be the starting point for determining planning applications.
The Housing Site Allocations DPD allocates the remainder of the 'at least' 10,500 housing figure from the Core Strategy, with added flexibility in the numbers. This means that the council is allocating the first part of the objectively-assessed housing needs for the district in the short to medium term (as set out in the Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA)). Following the adoption of the DPD, a new Local Plan will be prepared. This will allocate the rest of the housing requirement for West Berkshire and look longer term to 2036, as well as dealing with other policy issues.
The Proposed Submission Housing Site Allocations DPD
These are the documents that have submitted to the Secretary of State for examination.
Each chapter of the Proposed Submission Housing Site Allocations DPD can be viewed below:
- Chapter 1 - Background [238kb]
- Chapter 2 - Housing Sites General Policy [230kb]
- Newbury & Thatcham Spatial Area (inc. Cold Ash) [876kb]
- Eastern Spatial Area [1Mb] (Calcot, Tilehurst, Purley-on-Thames and Theale)
- East Kennet Valley Spatial Area [480kb] (Burghfield Common, Mortimer, Woolhampton)
- North Wessex Downs AONB Spatial Area [1Mb] (Hungerford, Lambourn, Pangbourne, Bradfield Southend, Chieveley, Compton, Hermitage, Kintbury)
- Chapter 3 - Gypsies, Travelers adn Travelling Showpeople [631kb]
- Chapter 4 - Housing in the Countryside (Policies) [222kb], Policy C1 Errata [13kb] Six settlements were missed from the list included in policy C1 due to a technical error. The errata provides an update of the table included in the policy with all settlements covered by the policy.
- Chapter 5 - Parking Standards for Residential Development [175kb]
- Chapter 6 - Monitoring and Delivery [180kb]
- Appendix 1 - Housing Delivery and Trajectory [304kb]
- Appendix 2 - Parking Design Guidance and Maps [1Mb]
- Appendix 3 - Saved Local Plan Policies replaced by HSA DPD [167kb]
- Appendix 4 - Glossary [277kb]
- Appendix 5 - Core Strategy Objectives [170kb]
- Appendx 6 - Settlement Boundary Review Criteria and Maps [4Mb]
- The policies map [7Mb] includes the proposed site allocations and proposed changes to the settlement boundary. The proposed changes can also be viewed on the online map.
- The Schedule of Minor Modifications [76kb] sets out the proposed amendments to the Housing Site Allocations DPD following the proposed submission consultation.
- The Sustainability Appraisal / Strategic Environmental Assessment (SA/SEA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) assesses the significant sustainability effects of the DPD and explains how the sites have been selected.
- The Statement of Consultation sets out details of all the consultation that have been carried out during the DPD and provides a council response to the comments made.
- The Housing Site Allocations DPD -Duty to Cooperate Statement [1Mb] explains how we have cooperated with other local authorities and key stakeholders during the preparation of the DPD.
- Housing Site Allocations DPD Approach and Delivery Topic Paper (March 2016) [4Mb]
These documents provide the background and part of the evidence base to support the submission documents. More details on the evidence base used to support the DPD can be found on the Local Plan Evidence, Information and Monitoring page.
- Annual Monitoring Report - Housing (2015)
- Core Strategy DPD
- Core Strategy Inspector's Report (July 2012) [1Mb]
- Equalities Impact Assessment [634kb]
- Five Year Housing Land Supply (2015)
- Gypsy, Traveller and Travelling Showpeople Accommodation Assessment
- Background Paper - Approach to the Housing Site Allocations DPD [641kb]
- Housing Site Allocations DPD Preferred Options
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan
- Landscape Character Assessments (LCA)
- Local Development Scheme (October 2015)
- Parking Policy Background Paper [4Mb]
- Representations Procedure [60kb]
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA)
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment
- Transport Assessments