Supplementary Planning Documents (SPD) and Guidance (SPG)
Additional planning information and guidance on planning policies
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) and Guidance (SPGs) are material considerations in the planning process. They provide further information and additional detail to the policies within the Local Plan.
SPGs were produced under the old planning system (pre-2008), however a number of them remain material considerations in planning decisions.
Some, but not all, Village Design Statements (VDS) are SPGs.
In addition, Other Guidance documents help show what we are looking for in support of new developments. These are not policy documents but should be referred to as guidance when planning for development.
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPD)
- Planning Obligations SPD (Dec 2014)
- Delivering Investment from Sustainable Development SPD (June 2013)
- Pirbright Institute Site, Compton SPD (Sept 2013) [4Mb]
- Sandleford Park SPD (Sept 2013)
- Quality Design - West Berkshire SPD (June 2006)
- Market Street Planning and Design Brief SPD (June 2005) [12Mb]; Appendices [9Mb]
Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG)
- Hermitage Village Design Statement (2004) [7Mb]
- House Extensions SPG (2004) [202kb]
- Inkpen Village Design Statement (2004) [2Mb]
- Replacement and Extensions in the Countryside SPG (2004) [76kb]
- Parkway Planning Brief (2004) [19Mb]
- Shopfronts and Signs SPG (2003) [2Mb]
- Beenham Village Design Statement (2003) [1006kb]
- Bucklebury Village Design Statement (2002) [52kb]
- Chieveley Village Design Statement (2002) [58kb]
- Cold Ash and Ashmore Green Village Design Statement (2002) [1Mb]
- Speen Village Design Statement (2002)
- Basildon Village Design Statement (2001) [61kb]
- Public Houses SPG (2000) [82kb]