Plan Your Journey and Find a Timetable
Plan local or long-distance journeys by bus, coach or train and check timetables
Traveline is a public transport information and journey planning service. It covers bus, coach, rail and other modes of public transport across the UK. It is delivered by transport operators, working in partnership with local authorities across the country.
You can use Traveline to plan your journey and find timetables, before you travel or during your journey, in a number of ways:
- Online using the Traveline South East journey planner;
- By telephone: 0871 200 22 33 (calls cost 12p per minute);
- Mobile: NextBuses - bus departure information for your stop (normal mobile data charges apply for this service if you download data via your mobile);
- App: download the Traveline South and East mobile app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play (Android) (mobile download charges may apply);
- SMS text: For live and scheduled arrival information for specific bus stops, text the short code shown on the information panel at that stop to 84268 (a charge of 25p applies for each return text, on top of the cost of the customer's initial text message request).
Changes to Kennections bus services from 3 January 2017
Kennections are planning to make changes to local bus services that they operate in Newbury, Thatcham and surrounding areas, from Tuesday 3 January 2017.
Other services are not affected.
Timetables for local bus services
You can find latest timetables using the Find a timetable button on the Traveline South East journey planner. Alternatively you can check times by telephoning Traveline on 0871 200 22 33 (calls cost 12p per minute).
Bus Network Map and District-wide Travel Guide
A bus network map [334kb] for Newbury, Thatcham and surrounding areas is available to download.
We plan to issue an updated District-wide Travel Guide in late January 2017. When issued, the Guide will be available to download here and in hard copy from the Council offices and other outlets.
If you don't have access to public or private transport, or find it difficult to use, please see details of Community Minibus and Community Car Schemes.