West Berkshire Card
The combined leisure centre discount and library card for residents of West Berkshire
The West Berkshire Card is a great, free way to gain discounts on:
- activities in the council's sports and leisure centres
- DVD, video and CD hire (save 10%) at West Berkshire libraries
If you're over 60 years old, have a disability or are on a low income you may be eligible for a Concessionary West Berkshire card which offers bigger discounts on some sports activities.
Please see the West Berkshire Card Information Leaflet [769kb] for full details.
Applying for a West Berkshire Card
- apply online or pick up an application form from any council sports and leisure centre
- complete and sign your form - if you're under 16 years your application must be signed by a parent or guardian
- take your completed form to one of our leisure centres with the following supporting documents:
- Proof of address
- Proof of identity
- Proof of age (for junior or senior cards)
- If you're applying for a concessionary West Berkshire Card you MUST also bring proof that relates to your particular circumstances:
- if unemployed or retired, a pension book, bus pass and/or proof of retirement/unemployment
- if disabled, a disabled person's bus pass or doctor's letter
- if you're on a low income, you'll need proof in the form of a receipt for income support, housing benefit, invalidity benefit, job seekers allowance, or council tax benefit
Please note that West Berkshire Cards issued as library cards require separate activation if you want to use them at leisure centres.
Similarly, cards issued at leisure centres will require activation at a library before they can be used as a library card.
Non-residents can buy a card for use only at leisure centres - full details can be obtained by contacting one of our leisure centres.