West Berkshire Card
The combined leisure centre discount and library card for residents of West Berkshire
The West Berkshire Card is a great, free way to gain discounts on:
- activities in the council's sports and leisure centres
- DVD, video and CD hire (save 10%) at West Berkshire libraries
- on the entrance fee to Shaw House
If you're over 60 years old, have a disability or are on a low income you may be eligible for a Concessionary West Berkshire card which offers bigger discounts of some sports activities.
Please see the West Berkshire Card Information Leaflet [1Mb] for full details.
Applying for a West Berkshire Card
- apply online or pick up an application form from any council sports and leisure centre
- complete and sign your form - if you're under 16 years your application must be signed by a parent or guardian
- take your completed form to one of our leisure centres with the following supporting documents:
- Proof of address
- Proof of identity
- Proof of age (for junior or senior cards)
- If you are applying for a concessionary West Berkshire Card you MUST also bring:
- members over 60 not in employment/retired should bring a pension book, bus pass and/or proof of retirement/unemployment
- members with a disability should bring disabled person's bus pass or doctors letter
- members on low income and their families should bring proof of receipt of one of the following - income support, housing benefit, invalidity benefit, working tax credits, NHS tax credit exemption certificate or child tax credit plus one of the above
Please note that West Berkshire Cards issued as library cards require separate activation for use at leisure centres.
Similarly, cards issued at leisure centres will require activation at a library before they can be used as a library card.
Non residents can purchase a card for use only at leisure centres - full details can be obtained by contacting one of our leisure centres.